Washington University of St. Louis Assistant Genetic Counseling - Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics - 48678 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics. The position is located at Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position will work closely with members of the genetics team to provide excellent and timely patient care by providing support for clinical and research activities to maximize the efficiency of genetic counselors’ efforts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact insurance companies to facilitate genetic test coverage and assist in the writing of letters of medical necessity. Submit and track benefits investigations for genetic testing and communicate outcomes with families.
- Complete patient information on lab requisition forms for genetic testing. Print and send clinical information for laboratory testing. Coordinate and provide instructions for patient lab draws. Contact laboratories with general inquiries such as status of patient results.
- Assist the genetic counselors with triaging incoming requests from patients and providers as well as coordinating patient appointments and testing.
- Contact patients for follow up information, general inquiries as well as routine normal test results.
- Assist with research activities such as data entry.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in medical sciences, psychology, healthcare or other related field.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, communication skills that require dealing with a diverse population, exemplary organizational skills, and discretionary judgment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Assistant Genetic Counseling - Pediatrics Genetics & Genomics - 48678
Job ID: 48678
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time