Bi-State Development Assistant Superintendent of Call-A-Ride in St. Louis, Missouri
- Plan, control, and direct all activities involved with cleaning, fueling and maintaining a fleet of 123 medium duty on demand paratransit vehicles that operate approximately 6 million miles annually.
- Develop and maintain a maintenance budget of approximately 5.5 million dollars, monitor parts usage and inventory levels.
- Ensure contractor compliance in regard to van cleaning and pest control.
- ssume the duties of the Director of the Main Shop and Facilities in his absence
- Produce a safe, clean and reliable vehicle that will enhance our customer’s experience.
- Develop and maintain the paratransit fleet budget.
- Develop and mentor first line Supervisors
- Maintain the contracted van cleaning and pest control to adhere with the contracts.
- Establish parts usage and monitor inventory levels,
- Develop goals and standard processes for maintenance activities.
- Maintain and reevaluate preventative maintenance activities and update as necessary.
- Participate in the development of vendor contracts.
- Perform training needs assessment and develop training schedule.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are properly documented in the computerized maintenance system.
- Manage direct verses indirect labor activities.
- Ensure on time performance for all preventative maintenance activities.
Maintain vehicle availability in accordance with established schedules. Required Skills
Knowledge of automotive practices used in performing fleet vehicle repair and preventative maintenance programs.
- Skills to manage a diverse work force of 20 to 40 union and non-union employees involved in all phases of vehicle maintenance, facility maintenance and cleaning.
- Ability to develop and accomplish goals and objectives through coordinating activities of subordinates Required Experience
- Degree: Associates Degree Desirable
- *Field: *Business
- Years:Five (5)
- Field: Vehicle Maintenance
Tracking Code: 292830-713
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular