Washington University of St. Louis Biomedical Informatics Assistant (Part-Time) - Neurology - 42705 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position within a clinical research lab focusing on sleep and neurodegenerative diseases. This position will implement processing pipelines for sleep and electroencephalography (EEG) data, and manage databases for clinical research studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing processing pipelines for sleep and EEG data as they are collected, incorporating existing and new analytic methods or algorithms.
- Create and manage databases for clinical research data, including executing regular internal data checks and summary reports for investigators.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field plus 2 years of experience in related field required; master’s degree in bioinformatics, computer science or related field plus one year of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 6 years.
- Excellent programming skills in one or more languages (Matlab, R, Python, C, etc).
- Degree in engineering, computer science, neuroscience, or related field.
- Prior experience with signal processing, database management, or statistical analysis.
- Prior experience in academic research, particularly in the neurosciences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent programming skills.
The hiring range for this position is $19.57 - $26.41 per hour.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Biomedical Informatics Assistant (Part-Time) - Neurology - 42705
Job ID: 42705
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time