Washington University of St. Louis Bone Marrow Transplant in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology - Bone Marrow Transplant. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Provides oversight of multiple mouse colonies which includes setting up breeding of specific mice; preparing the mice for genotyping; weaning pups; administering drugs or agents; and small animal procedures.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry, specifically will help to maintain updated spreadsheets of all the mouse colonies.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.33 - $15.66 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Bone Marrow Transplant - 40022
Job ID: 40022
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time