Washington University of St. Louis Cell Biology and Physiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares reagents and performs zebrafish husbandry.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning including equipment management and ordering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
- Familiarity with research labs, zebrafish husbandry/animal handling, or genotyping is desirable.
- Willingness to interact and assist all members of the lab including PI, postdocs, and students.
- Familiarity with basic lab procedures such as PCR and tissue culture.
- Prior experience with general lab management or ordering.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and skills using Microsoft Office Suite.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Cell Biology and Physiology - 42299
Job ID: 42299
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time