Washington University of St. Louis Cell Biology and Physiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Cell Biology and Physiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists with reagent preparation and zebrafish husbandry.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning including equipment management and ordering.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with research labs, zebrafish husbandry/animal handling, genotyping, or general lab management is desirable.
- Willingness to interact and assist with all members of the lab including PI, postdocs, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports; working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.70 - $15.97 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Cell Biology and Physiology - 42298
Job ID: 42298
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time