SSM Health Clinical Laboratory Scientist in St. Louis, Missouri
Under general supervision, performs and interprets a variety of complex laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of patients. Operates and maintains instrumentation according to established procedures and protocols. Serves as a resource
person for other laboratory staff. Assists in maintaining the department in a state of regulatory preparedness.
- Promotes an overall exceptional patient care experience by responding to requests in a timely manner and providing quality laboratory test results and/or services in a professional, supportive environment.
- Contributes to the overall clinical performance through efficient unit operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes, and maintaining accurate documentation related to job duties.
- Promotes exceptional safety and clinical outcomes by complying with procedures, rules and regulations such as infection control policies and procedures, quality control and maintenance procedures and proper patient specimen identification protocol.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction by demonstrating an ownership of our department goals and vision by actively participating in staff meetings, project teams and surveys and offering assistance to others when needed.
- Plays an active role in the financial performance through responsible use of department resources and efficient organization of workload.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and training (Must meet the qualifications for personnel performing high complex testing as outlined in CLIA 88 regulation).
- Medical Technologist by Registry Board of ASCP, NCA or AMT
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital –
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital is a not-for-profit, 190-bed inpatient and outpatient pediatric medical center in St. Louis, MO. We specialize in neonatology, cardiology, pediatric and fetal surgery, and cancer services. We care for children of all ages from St. Louis, Missouri, Illinois and from around the world. We also focus on the overall health of our communities in addition to the health of the children living in them.
Our love for kids just keeps on growing!
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18014834
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63104
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days, Rotating Weekends
Normal work hours: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Job: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Organization: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital
Work Locations: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital (0010) 1465 S. Grand Blvd. St. Louis, 63104