Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Laboratory Technician - Ob/Gyn - 49719 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Department of Ob/Gyn. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs routine and/or special assays on blood, body fluids and tissue.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine assays according to laboratory standard operating procedures, including instrument maintenance and minor troubleshooting; may perform special assays with supervision by a senior medical technologist or supervisor.
- Recognizes problem situations and participates in problem solving; informs supervisor of unusual situations and requests technical assistance.
- May assist with validation of new assays; compiles data for supervisory review; utilizes database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of assay methods and clinical relevance; participates in relevant continuing education.
- Assists supervisor with other duties and special projects as needed.
Associate degree (MLT).
- Bachelor’s degree in physical life science and clinical laboratory experience.
- ASCP registry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks in an organized and systematic manner.
- Two years of laboratory and computer experience in a medical setting.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technician - Ob/Gyn - 49719
Job ID: 49719
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time