Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Laboratory Technician - Pathology & Immunology - Laboratory & Genomic Medicine - 48932 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology and Immunology, Division of Laboratory & Genomic Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs routine and/or special assays on blood and body fluids.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs routine assays according to laboratory standard operating procedures, including instrument maintenance and minor troubleshooting; may perform special assays with supervision by a senior medical technologist or supervisor.
- Recognizes problem situations and participates in problem solving; informs supervisor of unusual situations and requests technical assistance.
- May assist with validation of new assays; compiles data for supervisory review; utilizes database, spreadsheet, and word processing programs.
- Complies with all regulatory and client requirements for testing and documentation.
- Demonstrates a general understanding of assay methods and clinical relevance; participates in relevant continuing education.
- Assists supervisor with other duties and special projects as needed.
Associate's degree (MLT)
- Bachelor's degree in a biological, chemical, or medical laboratory science.
- Some laboratory experience, particularly with clinical studies.
- Considerable attention for detail and meticulous note-taking ability.
- ASCP registry or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks in an organized and systematic manner.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
High traffic clinical laboratory with potential exposure to blood and bodily fluids when receiving/handling patient specimens. Some pressure caused by patient care demands.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Laboratory Technician - Pathology & Immunology - Laboratory & Genomic Medicine - 48932
Job ID: 48932
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time