Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Neurology - 49502 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a complex human subjects research study; responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with PI or Senior Project Manager to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Coordinates the development of forms, questionnaires, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; conducts cognitive interviews to refine study materials.
- Ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Assists in participant recruitment. Works with PI to develop recruitment plans and oversees the work of research assistants and technicians who recruit participants.
- Participates in qualitative data analysis such as coding interview data.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in health or biological sciences.
- Medical Assistant or Licensed Practical Nurse preferred.
- Prior experience in clinical research.
- Comfortable learning new computer systems.
- Ability to coordinate industry- and investigator-initiated trials using Good Clinical Practices.
- Experience submitting studies for IRB review and modification.
- Ability to establish outstanding rapport with patients and research participants.
- Ability to think critically and pro-actively.
- Familiarity with EPIC Electronic Health Record System preferred.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software.
- Experience in industry sponsored research
- Experience in regulatory, start-up procedures, and study management for clinical research projects
The hiring range for this position is $48,131 - $60,174 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Neurology - 49502
Job ID: 49502
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time