Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology - 41346 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a complex clinical research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the investigators, treating teams, pharmacy, laboratories, IRB, sponsors, and sponsor agencies; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol
- Ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies
- Establishes record-keeping systems and maintain a system of data collection by organizing and controlling the workflow as related to the hematology/oncology research patient activities
- Makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study
- Extracts data accurately from source documents and reports in various data entry systems within the protocol deadlines
- Notify appropriate personnel regarding ordering and administration of investigational agents
- Analyzes, investigates, and reports adverse events
- Makes decisions as when to notify physicians of issues, stop participant inclusion, and monitors for protocol compliance
- Resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate
- Serves as liaison between institutional investigators, Human Research Protection Office, Operations Office, Siteman Cancer Center, Pharmaceutical Companies, Sponsoring Agencies, Center for Clinical Trials, and Patient Oriented Research Unit in Pediatrics
- Work with audit team during institutional site visits
- Ship research samples when needed
- Assist with timely submission of all protocol documentation to the Human Research Protection Office and timely submission of all regulatory essential documentation to the sponsoring agencies
- Attend clinic and inpatient rounds to assist in study patient related concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2 years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling 6 years may substitute for this requirement
- Experience in Pediatrics and/or Oncology
- Experience with pharmaceutical sponsored protocols
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software
The hiring range for this position is $47,195 - $58,989 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology - 41346
Job ID: 41346
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time