Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 50083 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Newborn Medicine. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a complex clinical research study; may be responsible for multiple single and multi-center research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community, and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance. May provide oversight of one or more research assistants assigned to common projects and assist clinical fellows in conduct of their research projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Confers with PI to assist in developing plans for research projects and discuss the interpretation of results; collaborates in the preparation of manuscripts for publications and preparation of grant proposals to sponsoring agencies; assists in the preparation of amendments to protocols and/or modifications to study design as appropriate.
- Coordinates the development of forms, questionnaires, and the application of research techniques; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study progress, data collection and coding; reviews journals, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies to aid in the planning of new studies.
- Routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study; analyzes, investigates, and reports adverse events; makes decisions as when to notify physicians of issues, when to stop participant inclusion, and/or to make and/or recommend adjustment of the protocol of particular participants; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of clinical research experience; a combination of relevant work and education equaling six years may substitute for this requirement.
Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $48,131 - $60,174 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator II - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 50083
Job ID: 50083
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time