Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Study Assistant II (Part-Time) - Geriatrics - 44471 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 24 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Geriatrics and Nutritional Science. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Under the direction of a Research Coordinator or PI, participates in clinical research study activities; screens, obtains consent, and enrolls in study; performs a variety of duties involved in the collection, documentation, and reporting of clinical research data.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the recruitment of study participants as identified in related protocol; visits with study participants to explain study, screens for eligibility and obtains informed consent of participants
- Completes all necessary paperwork/documentation according to study protocol; obtains consent and interviews study subjects/schedules/follow-up
- Performs basic/scripted assessments to confirm eligibility to participate in study; explains and schedules laboratory and diagnostic procedures and/or treatment as required in the study; refers participants to basic resources as necessary
- Collects data from study participants, medical records, interviews, questionnaires, diagnostic tests and other sources; performs basic evaluation and interpretation of collected data and prepares appropriate reports and documentation as necessary; prepares and distributes study packets and information
- Performs dietary assessments and counseling with study participants
- Assists with other duties as assigned by research team
High school diploma plus 2 years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate’s degree or 2 years of college may substitute for experience.
BS or MS in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, or Physical Therapy. College degree and minimum of 1 year experience as an exercise trainer may substitute for Exercise Physiology degree.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II (Part-Time) - Geriatrics - 44471
Job ID: 44471
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time