Washington University of St. Louis Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Radiology - 49525 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assessing research participants using standardized protocols. Duties to include participant data collection, data support and data entry. Work with PI, Study Coordinators, and other lab members to execute responsibilities within a team framework of exchange and open communication in a clinically-oriented research laboratory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and maintain data collection areas.
- Assist with participant set-up for data collection.
- Provide clinical and telephone evaluations of research participants according to study protocols.
- Assists Study Coordinator with participant needs before, during and after sessions.
- Confers with physicians and other health practitioners to obtain additional information as needed for the Study Coordinator or other research personnel.
- Provide assistance to other personnel, graduate students, and researchers as directed.
- Assist the research team and PI to ensure HRPO approvals, proper maintenance of data files in a database, and proper coding/storage of data to comply with HIPAA regulations and HRPO.
- Assist investigators in editing presentations and preparation/submission of abstracts, manuscripts and grant proposals.
- Work with a team that includes the PI, co-investigators in other departments, research assistants, graduate students, and others on interdisciplinary research projects.
- Enter participant data into database.
- Carry out and assist study coordinator and other research personnel with collection and analysis of data.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus two years of administrative or research experience, preferably in a medical environment; Associate degree or two years of college may substitute for experience.
- Equivalent of bachelor’s degree with one year experience in interviewing/tracking or subject monitoring.
- Basic computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel.
- Able to interact with research participants in person and over the phone in a friendly manner.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in research coupled with ability/willingness to perform new research-related activities.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Study Assistant II - Radiology - 49525
Job ID: 49525
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time