Washington University of St. Louis Custodial Area Supervisor - School of Medicine Custodial (OFMD) - 44092 in St. Louis, Missouri
Salary position may require more than 40 hours a week. Oversees team that works from 7:00am-3:30pm. Involves some late night hours, weekends and overtime may be required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of School of Medicine Custodial (OFMD). This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Supervises a team of custodial employees’ daily routine in an assigned area, spanning several buildings. Is responsible for scheduling employee’s daily work as well as adjusting team member’s workload to handle coverage shortages. Orders and distributes supplies. Performs daily inspections to ensure that all aspects of job tasks are completed. Observes work performance for both quality and quantity. Identifies training needs and coaches’ employees as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads team safety discussions and training. Provides proper PPE to custodial staff.
- Conducts daily team meetings.
- Canvasses all areas daily, conducting spot checks for thoroughness and quality.
- Supervises and trains custodial workers on such tasks as general cleaning, floor care, and trash removal.
- Performs custodial inspections to assure quality of work in assigned area, using software application.
- Performs building inspections for overall quality assurance ( cleanliness, appearance, repairs needed, etc.).
- Orders weekly supplies for area.
- Distributes cleaning supplies, chemicals, and equipment.
- Ensures that all keys, walkie-talkies, and supplies are checked in and out according to department procedures.
- Applies knowledge of department’s service levels, procedures, equipment, and supplies used.
- Communicates with team, customers, and other University employees orally, in writing, and electronically.
- Assigns and reviews the work of direct report custodial staff.
- Instructs personnel in proper execution of job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of High School diploma and 2-3 years’ experience in the custodial industry.
- Some college and supervisory experience is preferred.
- Enrolled in or have completed Managerial training.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to lead a team.
- Provide superior level of customer service as well as demonstrate good judgement.
- Competent in cleaning techniques and all phases of floor care, including operation of floor care equipment.
- Must practice and be able to teach safety procedures.
- Ability to plan and organize custodial projects.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and utilize computer technology and software applications for the purposes of communication, inspection, and documentation.
- Ability to read floor plans and use internal technology and software applications.
- Ability to create estimates for individual and team work projects.
- Knowledgeable in current computer technology i.e. laptop, tablet, smart phone and fluency in programs commonly used in the department.
- Ability to check cleaning, equipment, and supply processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The hiring range for this position is $35,651 - $45,448 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
10 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
HR website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Exposure to cleaning agents/chemicals, heavy lifting and prolonged standing/walking kneeling, crouching and bending. Employee must keep management informed of change of phone numbers.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Custodial Area Supervisor - School of Medicine Custodial (OFMD) - 44092
Job ID: 44092
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time