Washington University of St. Louis Data Analyst II - Health Communications Research Laboratory - 46680 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department ofHealth Communications Research Laboratory. The position is located at Goldfarb Hall . This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Health Communication Research Lab (HCRL) in the School of Social Work conducts research to assess and address health disparities. The individual will primarily be responsible for the data management of a 5-year grant project involving individual survey data and longitudinal administrative health care billing and claims data. The analyst will: 1) assist in the secure electronic transfer of large data sets; 2) perform data management activities, including cleaning, quality checks, and creation of variables for analysis; 3) perform statistical analyses; and 4) contribute to the reporting of results. The individual will work independently with mentoring from senior staff and statisticians, and in collaboration with other project staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage data. Prepare administrative and survey data for analysis. Create and maintain comprehensive data codebooks and syntax. Perform regular quality control checks of data.
- Perform statistical analyses of data collected. Analyze data, interpret statistical test results, and summarize findings in graphical and written formats.
- Develop and maintain databases that efficiently and systematically provide contact information of identified health plan members to research assistants for recruitment and data collection. Support the recruitment and data collection needs of the project, as needed.
- Help prepare findings for dissemination in various forms (presentations, papers, reports). Draft narrative description of methods and results for journal articles, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and one year of related work experience or Bachelor’s and three years of related work experience in public health, computer science, statistics, biostatistics, psychology, social sciences, or related field.
- Experience merging, managing, and analyzing large longitudinal datasets.
- Excellent computer skills. A minimum of two years of experience with data analysis and working with programming software such as SAS, R, Stata, Mplus, SQL, Python and other programming languages in addition to reporting tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or FileMaker Pro, Visual Basic, and others.
- Ability to learn and independently perform new applications and procedures.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to verbally communicate complex issues with clarity to different types of audiences (e.g., academic, health plans, community).
- Ability to collaborate with others, working independently and with team members, including students, staff and faculty.
- Strong, effective, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with staff and investigators about data fields and coding algorithms, complex issues and analytic results with clarity.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a complex set of data management tasks, monitor quality, and prioritize workflow.
- Ability to work effectively while balancing competing demands of multiple assignments.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in editing, recordkeeping, etc.
- Desire to learn new skills, show initiative and independently perform new applications and procedures.
- Ability to collaborate with others, working independently and collaboratively with team members, including students, staff and faculty.
The hiring range for this position is $44,986 - $57,369 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Data Analyst II - Health Communications Research Laboratory - 46680
Job ID: 48680
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time