Monsanto Data Scientist - Intern/Co−op in ST. LOUIS, Missouri
Monsanto is passionate about using Data Science and Information Technology to improve agriculture. Data Science is critical to Monsanto’s success today and in the future as we transform into an Information Services company. We are seeking a Data Scientist to join our Global IT Analytics team. The Global IT Analytics team looks to find creative and innovative solutions to enable success within our R&D, supply chain and commercial organizations while identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities to maintain and grow our position as a digital agriculture market leader. The ability to examine and optimize our current methods coupled with an eye on the future lends itself to a unique opportunity within Monsanto and our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate individual to join a multidisciplinary team of data scientists and engineers who work on real world problems.
As a Data Scientist you will:
· Develop strategies to identify new opportunities and expand existing methods, provide insights, and build practical solutions to complex business problems
· Apply advanced analytics skills to turn data into competitive advantage and make recommendations for data-driven business decisions
· Pursuing a Master's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or other quantitative disciplines required or a PhD in similar disciplines.
· Experience applying sophisticated scientific methods in the field of analytics using statistical and mathematical programming packages such as R, Python, Scala
· Understanding of advanced analytics methods
· Ability to turn complex data into predictive and prescriptive insights
· Experience analyzing and presenting complex data and proven problem solving abilities
· Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills
· Ability to work in a matrix environment, influencing people at varying levels of responsibility
· Experience modeling industry and market trends, competitive threats.
· Ability to understand the market through product analytics, sales insight, market research and competitive analysis.
· Customer analytics, customer profiling and segmentation. Evaluate customer segment characteristics across multiple dimensions, producing customer demographic, psychographic, financial, and behavioral profiles to drive client marketing strategies and tactics.
· Experience with:
o Hadoop, Spark, cloud computing
o SFDC and SAP platforms and data
o Spatial-temporal modeling
o Experience working with agricultural/biological scientific data
o Strong publication record in leading scientific journals
o Drive for translating business problems into research initiatives that deliver business value
o Structure complex and ambiguous problems, synthesize findings, develop innovative options, and make recommendations
Organization: GLB IT P&E Analytics51177654_
Title: Data Scientist - Intern/Co−op
Location: North America-USA-Missouri-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 01SQ1
Job: Information Technology
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please for further assistance.access our disability accommodations process
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: ; .
EEOC PosterEEOC Supplement