Washington University of St. Louis Director of Clinical Operations - Neurology - 47658 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Directs and provides leadership functions for the Departments Clinical Services in conjunction with the Executive Director and Vice Chair. Position is responsible for all ambulatory patient care services and clinical operations in the Department of Neurology. This includes the operations of pre-clinical, patient access, point-of-service clinical care, and section support services.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Executive Director and Vice Chair on strategy development for all patient care services, development and implementation of annual operational objectives and performance targets for clinical performance indicators, and overall quality improvement strategy for clinical operations. Collects, measures, and interprets operational and clinical data: identifying problems and organizing teams to develop and implement solutions.
- The Ambulatory Pre-Clinical, Patient Access, and Clinic Site leadership reports to this position. Provides leadership and oversight for the operations of eight clinical practice sites, and ensures that best practices are continuously evaluated and implemented throughout standard operating procedures for scheduling, registration, patient check in, co-pay collection, general office practices and clinical flow patterns.
- The Section Support Leadership reports to this position. Accountable for the coordination of patient services with physicians, clinic staff and section staff to provide quality care in an effective and efficient manner. Promotes and ensures good relationships with leadership, physicians, staff, and patients.
- Oversight for seven department leadership positions and 146 staff members. Works with line managers and supervisors to maintain job descriptions for areas of responsibility, hiring employees and resolving personnel problems for areas of responsibility.
- Project coordinator and liaison with various University, School, and Department projects relating to patient care services and clinical operations. Faculty Practice Plan's departmental contact for patient complaints. Oversees the Department's HIPAA privacy liaison.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Progressive management experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in an academic health center, hospital or healthcare industry setting.
- Master’s degree.
- Five to seven years of experience in an academic medical center clinical operation.
- Five to seven years of experience with CPT and ICD9 rules and regulations.
- Prior use and understanding of the University's various information systems.
- Ability to lead and direct managers and supervisors to achieve operational goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and work in a dynamic team-oriented environment.
- Should pose effective and detailed analytical skills, demonstrated communication, organization, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and excellent organizational skills are essential.
The hiring range for this position is $78,873 - $104,499 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Director of Clinical Operations - Neurology - 47658
Job ID: 47658
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time