Washington University of St. Louis Emergency Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time 40 hour work week. This is a 7 day a week rotating, flexible schedule which consist of days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Effort is split between direct patient contact within the Emergency Department, adjunctive hospital services and within the office setting. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position recruits patients for studies, assists in the clinical care to collect the specimens/data needed for the study and manages all aspects of the research study protocol. Candidate may need to collect blood and urine specimens, run an EKG or assist the PI in fluid collections among other duties. Some time is spent in an office setting reviewing and managing the study data and other time spent in the ER recruiting patients for study participation.
Position performs duties associated with the coordination and implementation of research studies/projects, data collection and the management of data generated by study protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide clinical and administrative coordination of studies through recruitment and retention of study participants, acting as a liaison between patient and investigator while adhering to established standards of all phases of protocol integrity, study conduct, enrollment, documentation and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients. Document, collect data and assist physician.
- Work with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensuring lab and data are obtained according to established protocol.
- Train staff assigned to work on protocols including clinical skills training.
- Coordinate handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information and case reporting.
- Prepare and submit event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget and established guidelines.
- Assist research associates from sponsoring organization or company, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Attend meetings regarding research studies.
- Performs clinical study visits and schedules patients for exams and tests in accordance with study protocol. Performs vital signs, blood draw, various tests and minor procedures according to protocol and within direction of PI and personal skill set. Interviews and gathers data from families enrolled in study.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification
RN's experience with be either be a strong ED background to where we can teach them the research side or a strong background in industry and/or government based clinical trials where they have worked with sponsors and monitors, understand clinical research and have actively consented patients to trials.
Team player. Good organizational skills. Dependability. Strong communication skills. Working knowledge of study protocol and informed consent provisions. Working knowledge of computer based data recording systems such as MS Excel, MS Access, and internet-based data collection mechanisms.
Experience with common emergent chief complaints, emergent procedures, and critical acute medical or acute traumatic illness. 3-5 years experience in clinical research trials including enrollment, consent and administrative requirements of protocol. Emergency Department experience helpful.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions
Some travel required for investigator meetings.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator l - Emergency Medicine - 39289
Job ID: 39289
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time