Monsanto Engineering Manager, Continuous Improvement in St. Louis, Missouri
*Position Overview: *Are you an Engineering Manager known for your ability to set lofty goals and build a global team that achieves them? Would you love to build and grow a Continuous Improvement Engineering team into a global 24X7X365 world class Cloud Operations organization? Are you excited to champion the importance of continuous improvement, security, availability and reliability into every service or application that we build? If you said “yes” to all of the above, then we would love to talk to you about our Continuous Improvement Engineering Manager position.
The Climate Corporation’s mission is to help the world’s farmers sustainably increase their productivity with digital tools. The Cloud Operations team creates competitive advantage for Climate and our customers by deploying world class cloud infrastructure for our engineering organizations. As the Continuous Improvement Engineering Manager you’ll build and lead a team of talented engineers to deliver superior infrastructure management services, monitoring and alerting systems and cloud governance systems to achieve operational excellence in public cloud. You’ll partner with Engineering teams to build Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), capture incidents, customer impacting, health, spend and security metrics to drive continuous improvement, lower the time spent to respond and recover from infrastructure incidents and increasing uptime of our infrastructure. You’ll collaborate with our engineering organizations to provide a constant feedback loop ensuring we deliver systems that align with key company objectives and product deliverables. An essential part of your work will be to champion, foster and help infuse a culture of operational excellence across the entire organization. Finally you will partner with our engineering leaders to define and build out a follow the sun global operational support model that creates the best possible Climate customer experience.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and inspire a team of world-class engineers to develop resilient, forward looking and up to date monitoring and alerting infrastructure.
- Provide a planned and delivery-date accurate approach to large scale continuous improvements to cloud infrastructure.
- Be a change management expert who will champion process improvements, transparency and accountability across the company.
- Champion and evangelize a culture of operational excellence and new processes across the organization to raise the bar on customer experience.
- Mentor team members in cloud operations skills and leadership responsibilities. Assist in guiding their professional development and career growth.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration with multiple teams to define priorities, procure align resources and deliver the most impactful infrastructure improvements for the organization.
- Drive cloud engineering organization to keep our infrastructure modern and scalable to new markets and products. Focus on lowering MTTR and increasing uptime and availability metrics.
- Act as an active source of engineering talent and work with recruiting teams to build and scale the future of engineering at The Climate Corporation.
Basic Qualifications: **
BS, MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4 or more years engineering management experience working with fast-paced and dynamic engineering teams.
- 3 or more years of experience developing in large cloud based distributed environments.
- 2 or more years experience working in SRE, CloudOps, DevOps or related organizations.
Solid experience with monitoring and alerting on compute and AWS datastores (e.g. DynamoDB,, PostGIS, ElasticSearch).
- Proficiency with Opensource (Prometheus, Nagios) and Enterprise (Datadog, NewRelic and pagerduty) monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (CloudTrail, Cloudwatch, EC2, S3, SQS, etc.)
- Expertise in continuous improvement process methodologies (Six Sigma ITIL).
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA).
- Proficiency in a Unix Linux environment.
- Ability to perform technical deep-dives into architecture with engineers yet be capable of distilling communication for non-technical leaders.
- Ability to help build and implement a strong CloudOps and service ownership culture.
- You are creative, self-motivated and able to prioritize your work as well as the work of others to get things done.
- Proven ability to build, coach, mentor and grow a team of engineers.
- Proven ability to build cross organizational partnerships to establish and successfully implement SLAs and operational governance.
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development methodologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- * What We Offer: * Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
- Learn more about our team and our mission: The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https: youtu.be c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https: climate.com careers
At Monsanto, we value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please access our disability accommodations process for further assistance.
U.S. Employment Law (applicable for U.S. jobs ONLY): EEO Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. For information about equal employment opportunity rights, please refer to this information from the U.S. federal government: EEOC Poster; EEOC Supplement.