Washington University of St. Louis Epic Project Manager - Beacon/Research - 50527 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is part of a joint initiative of Washington University School of Medicine and BJC Healthcare. We are seeking applicants to fill regular full time positions.
Department Name/Job Location
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The Clinical Systems Project Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and oversight of their clinical system and business system operation projects. Works closely with key stakeholders and oversee the project by ensuring project status is on track and adheres to defined timelines, identifying, escalating and resolving associated risks and ensuring overall design delivers the necessary solution that meets end user needs. This position manages a team to complete this work. Leads the oncology operations across the organization, provides guidance to oncology and radiation oncology workflows, and oversees build of chemotherapy protocols. Works with stakeholders to ensure EMR oncology support for accrediting/certifying bodies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages individual(s), including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- Develops and adheres to departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets. Responds to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Leads teams of operational professionals responsible for overseeing application system availability, performance, and enhancements.
- Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Maintains collaborative working relationship with end users and communicates system projects, upgrades and outages appropriately.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to five years of related experience.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Epic Certification (or to be completed within six months of hire).
- Epic training (required within three months of hire).
- Five to ten years of experience.
- Two to five years of supervisory experience.
- Prior Epic experience and certification.
- RN license.
- General knowledge of University and Medical School culture and practices.
The hiring range for this position is $78,874 - $104,499 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Epic Project Manager - Beacon/Research - 50527
Job ID: 50527
Location: Medical School