Honeywell Field Service Engineer II in St. Louis, Missouri
The Customer Service Engineer II at Honeywell Intelligrated interacts directly with the customer at its place of business to implement the assigned Field Service for Intelligrated products into the customer’s operations. The CSE II provides on-site troubleshooting, repair, preventative maintenance and implementation of various retro-fits to material handling equipment. In addition to the basic services provided, the CSE II is responsible for scheduled and emergency service calls varying from mechanical, electrical, and system control issues. The CSE II is capable (with limited coaching) of commissioning, providing limited PLC program modifications, implementing maintenance programs, informal training, and system audits.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Completes service and expense reports
- Effectively uses internal tools to report time, labor, travel
- Communicates with other CSEs to discuss solutions to problems
- Conducts minor Mechanical related repairs to equipment and systems; tracking belts, replacing rollers, direct swap of motor/reducers, assist on sorter rebuilds, etc.
- Conducts low voltage Electrical related repairs to equipment and systems; installing and wiring photo-eyes, proxy switches, 24VDC solenoid valves, etc.
- Serves as a back fill for support on Maintenance Contracts
- Capable of diagnosing Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic problems
- Conducts the following with little or no supervision or technical support: planned/emergency service calls, various rebuilds on equipment, system audits, and preventive maintenance contracts
- Prepares needed tools required for the services reviews assignments and reviewing drawings etc. for service calls
- Researches part numbers from service calls and researches information related to service/manual readings prior to and during service calls
YOU MUST HAVE
Combination of education/degree and relevant work experience in Industrial Technology, Control Systems Technology, Electrical Automation Technology
Ability to travel up to 80%
Extensive customer facing experience
Experience in the industry is preferred
Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
Strong continuous improvement mindset, strong leadership impact
Good administration skills
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.