Washington University of St. Louis Infectious Diseases in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Position hours are generally Monday to Friday.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Pre and post award and payroll sourcing activities with minimal supervision/oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PRE-AWARD RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION
- Assists faculty, fellows and staff with completion of a grant and contract applications. Prepare budgets and other application forms. Verifying accuracy/detail for final application. Tracks application through submission process and agency approval processes. Alerts administration office to new funding and related developments. Keeps Senior Research Administrator informed.
- POST AWARD RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION
- Responsible for overall grant/account management of portfolio of PIs. Reviews award terms. Reviews account profile set up and changes. Ensures charges are appropriate and follows established agency/university guidelines. Generates monthly and ad hoc financial reports using various University and in house resources to monitor financial activities. Meets monthly with PI in portfolio. Keeps Senior Research Administrator informed.
- Stays current with changes in the regulations governing grant management.
- Handles the more complicated grants and/or manages a larger portion of the grants than Grant Assistants/Grant Specialist I. Serves as key resource for problem solving.
- Provides backup for other research administration staff.
- OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Provides initial training for the new staff in the Division; review and provide feedback on grant submission process, assists with methods of communication to faculty and monitor maintenance of grant criteria.
- Serves on medical school/university committees as needed.
- Provides backup for Senior Research Administrator when needed.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in accounting or related field plus experience in grants administration or 9 years of combined education and related experience.
Knowledge of AIS, HRMS, RAPS, FOCUS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, PC, PDS, SUBS, agency guidelines, etc.
The hiring range for this position is $49,296 - $64,084 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Grant Specialist - Infectious Diseases - 40007
Job ID: 40007
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time