Washington University of St. Louis Infectious Diseases in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Pre and post award activities in addition to research administration oversight including personnel, payroll, budgeting, and operations management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with Grant Submissions:
- Works with faculty and WU departmental and divisional offices to identify federal and private funding opportunities.
- Works with faculty, agencies, grants office, etc. to determine WU eligibility for specified grant/contract submissions.
- Directly assists Principal Investigators in the submission of training grants, career development awards, center grants, and others.
- Prepares and handles agency documents (correspondence, human and animal studies approvals, etc.) for submission to funding agencies.
- Interacts with funding agencies, serving as liaison for faculty and other administrators.
- Plans timelines and serves as a project manager for grant submissions.
- Works with department and divisional administrators to compile budgets and justifications for grant applications.
- Compiles information and finalizes required tables for grant applications.
- Provides resources such as document templates, standardized departmental statements, WU programs and services, and corresponding costs for inclusion in grant applications.
- Assists with grant preparation and providing supporting documentation.
- Processes final grant applications including review of budget and other administrative components.
- Serve as a Resource for PIs and Research Administrators:
- Monitors and interprets external agency guidelines and communicates changes to administrators and PIs.
- Coordinates mock study sections for training and career development grant applications.
- Plans and coordinates the biannual Council of Training Grant Directors Meeting with the Clinical Research Training Center and the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences.
- Coordinates and presents at workshops and seminars to train PIs and administrators on training grant submissions and best practices.
- Maintains reference materials and standardized document templates and distributes resources as needed to PIs and administrators.
- Maintain Data and Report on Outcomes: * *
- Guides the evolution of the trainee and alumni database, coordinates the steering committee and working group, and works with various WU stakeholders.
- Manages trainee database and provides database training to administrators throughout WU.
- Works with the Office of Grants and Contracts to maintain a complete listing of awarded grants.
- Maintains data on awarded and rejected grant submissions.
- Responds to incoming data and report requests received from Principal Investigators, department administrators, other central offices, media, outside institutions, etc.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree with 6 years of experience in accounting or related field including a minimum of 2 years of experience in grants administration or 10 years of combined education and related experience.
- Master’s Degree preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers spreadsheets word processing, organizational, effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of AIS, HRMS, RAPS, FOCUS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, PC, PDS, SUBS, agency guidelines, etc.
The hiring range for this position is $55,370 - $71,968 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Administrator - Infectious Diseases - 42172
Job ID: 42172
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time