Washington University of St. Louis Neurology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Clinical research coordinator to primarily conduct therapeutic clinical trials and investigator-initiated studies to evaluate clinical aspects of multiple sclerosis as it relates to imaging.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take primary responsibility for getting new clinical studies open and filled. This will include submitting protocols to the IRB, recruiting patients through clinic and chart review with phone calls, consenting and coordinating all aspects of the study visit, running all appropriate clinical procedures during the study visit.
- Keep study binders meticulously organized and up to date in case of any site visits or audits.
- Learn to process and analyze imaging studies related to magnetic resonance imaging and optical coherence tomography.
- Be familiar with Good Clinical Practices and to coordinate site visits with study monitors/clinical research associates.
- Assist physicians in clinic in using electronic medical records to reconcile medications, active problems, allergies, order labs and studies, refill medications.
- Draw blood from research participants in clinic and for clinical trials.
- Organize data using Microsoft Excel and SPSS.
- Train and supervise medical and undergraduate students who are conducting research.
- Establish outstanding rapport with patients and research participants.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience with some level of lead or supervisory experience required; Master’s degree or a combination of work and education equaling 7 years may substitute for this requirement
- Prior experience with starting and coordinating clinical studies and clinical trials.
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet and statistical analysis software.
The hiring range for this position is $55,370 - $70,595 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Clinical Research Coordinator - Neurology - 41199
Job ID: 41199
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time