Washington University of St. Louis Nurse Practitioner - Neurology - 42514 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Nurse Practitioner will spend 100% of time involved in research in the pediatric neuromuscular disease research center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines; monitors participants’ progress in the study to include documentation and reporting adverse events.
- Performs research based neurological exams and other clinical evaluations including but not limited to vital signs and measures of strength and breathing. Routinely collects clinical data under clinical research protocols.
- Perform procedures including research focused lumbar punctures, blood draws, IV placements, and administration of research medications/infusions.
- Assists in the identification, recruitment, and enrollment of study participants; confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain completed informed consent packets; explains diagnostic procedures, implications of research results returned and treatment plans to address participant/family concerns; discuss laboratory testing results with research participants.
- Provide direct patient care for pediatric neuromuscular patients under the supervision of Neuromuscular attending either as a primary team member or in collaboration with residents and fellows; including history, physical exam, writing orders, writing notes, performing lumbar punctures.
- Current MSN with emphasis in the Nurse Practitioner program.
- APN licensure or ability to successfully obtain licensure within 3 months of date of hire; Certain/additional certifications may be necessary based on area of specialty; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of the neurological care team.
- Will need excellent organizational skills as well as excellent clinical skills and people skills, able to educate patients and a strong desire for self-education as well.
- Must have computer skills and be able to work with electronic medical records.
- Experience with children preferred.
- Experience with research administration and research related regulatory requirements preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be well organized and able to work independently.
- Must have ability to make and initiate decisions independently.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimum supervision.
- Must have experience with word processing programs and Excel.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Able to act professionally and with discretion.
The hiring range for this position is $78,146 - $109,408 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner - Neurology - 42514
Job ID: 42514
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time