Washington University of St. Louis Orthopaedic Surgery in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Works hands-on with mice and rats on studies of skeletal biology. Performs breeding, injections, and other small animal procedures.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Master's degree a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
- Basic cell and molecular biology techniques, including gene expression (qPCR) and mouse genotyping.
- Experience with proteomic assays, engineering design, or cell culture/cell line maintenance is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic statistics is a plus.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
- Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Orthopaedic Surgery - 40830
Job ID: 40830
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time