Washington University of St. Louis Otolaryngology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Otolaryngology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting. Performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous coursework or experience in general chemistry (stoichiometry, pH, general lab safety) and biology (molecular biology, PCR, immunohistochemistry).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.33 - $15.66 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I - Otolaryngology - 40353
Job ID: 40353
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time