Washington University of St. Louis Otolaryngology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Otolaryngology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Cares for animals and oversees breeding and performs genotyping.
- Assists with dissections, immunohistochemistry, and confocal microscopy data collection and analysis.
- Under supervisor direction, performs procedures and surgical techniques for non-invasive functional testing and electrophysiological techniques.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Otolaryngology - 41253
Job ID: 41253
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time