Washington University of St. Louis Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonary in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonary. The position is located at Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigators as coordinator of a basic to moderately complex clinical pediatric asthma research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously, acting as a liaison with the school, sponsoring agency, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance. Must have good attention to detail and the ability to work collaboratively with patients, parents and other research sites.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely implements and manages all phases of study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; makes assessments and determinations of participants’ progress in the study; analyzes, investigates, and reports adverse events; makes decisions as when to notify physicians of issues, when to stop participant inclusion, and/or to make and/or recommend adjustment of the protocol of particular participants; resolves IRB/protocol management issues and recommends corrective action as appropriate; serves as liaison with funding or sponsoring agency.
- Routinely recruits and enrolls study participants; makes and/or participates in making determinations of eligibility based on diagnostic criteria and/or observations/analysis in participant interviews; develops informed consent packets for study participants and confers with participants to explain purpose of study and obtain completed informed consent packets; explains diagnostic procedures and treatment plans to address participant/family concerns; administers/scores tests and/or evaluates all lab and clinical assessments to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements (assessment, lab testing, procedures and treatments) to include scheduling and facilitating the patient’s timely completion of protocol requirements; evaluates and interprets collected clinical data in conjunction with PI as appropriate; prepares oral or written presentations or reports and analyses setting forth progress trends and provides recommendations or conclusions of the same.
- Routinely collects clinical data under clinical research protocols.
- Performs other duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Prior work experience, preferably in clinical research support, is highly preferred.
- A combination of relevant work and education equaling 4 years may substitute for this requirement.
- Respiratory therapist (licensed).
- Knowledgeable of asthma and treatment regiment; and PFT experience.
- Working knowledge of computer programs and systems, with communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $41,662 - $52,104 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Clinical Research Coordinator I - Pediatric Allergy, Immunology, and Pulmonary - 40287
Job ID: 40287
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time