Washington University of St. Louis Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments including mouse colony management and documentation and preparation of materials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains mouse colonies including breeding, weaning, sample collection, and genotyping to support ongoing experiments.
- Performs data entry and maintains detailed mouse colony records and data files on research.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning, including ordering lab supplies, obtaining quotes for purchases, and receiving orders upon delivery.
Bachelor’s degree and up to 1 year of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 4 years required.
- Expertise in animal handling, small animal procedures, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, and DNA manipulations.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Pediatrics Hematology/Oncology - 41936
Job ID: 41936
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time