Washington University of St. Louis Professional Rater I - Psychiatry - 44735 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. Some evening and Saturday availability is required for this position.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. The position is located at 4444 Forest Park. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position will assist study coordinators in numerous phases of the Early Life Adversity, Biological Embedding, and Risk for Developmental Precursors of Mental Disorders (eLABE) study currently ongoing at the Early Emotional Development Program. The study involves the assessment of infants and their primary caregivers in dyadic interactions and infant socio-emotional and cognitive assessments. Key skills are the ability to observe key aspects of parent child interactions. The study is conducted in the departments of Psychiatry, Pediatrics, and Neurology. This individual will be responsible for behavioral assessments with participants (12-36 months). This individual will obtain reliability on observational data coding and will independently code at an established coding pace. Observational coding data will be entered into software specific to observational coding. This individual will be supervised by Drs. Luby and Gerstein, as well as the other Co-Is with expertise in specific aspects of the planned assessments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with children ages 0-3 in various experimental settings including interviews and dyadic behavioral assessments between caregiver and child. Coding of the assessments at an established coding pace and reliability.
- Enter coding data into software specific to observational coding.
- Screen, consent, and schedule participants via phone and in-person as research protocols dictate.
- Administer 3-4 behavioral assessments per week to parent-child dyads, overseeing set-up, coding, and data entry in a timely manner.
- Maintain protocol-related records and documentation using REDCap database.
- Administrative tasks such as organizing and managing subject databases, tracking and ordering supplies, working with the IRB to oversee compliance of research protocol.
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field.
- Interactive communication skills with ability to work with parents, infants, and toddlers.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly.
- Familiarity with PC-based computer systems.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Professional Rater I - Psychiatry - 44735
Job ID: 44735
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time