exp Project Structural Engineer in St. Louis, Missouri
At EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees - their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity - and their innovative approach to work and to life.
We are seeking a talented Project Structural Engineer to join our team located in St. Louis, MO.
The successful candidate will be able to work both our local team in St. Louis, independently, and across other EXP offices to successfully deliver a wide variety of projects in addition to assisting technical management in mentoring of junior and/or project level structural staff.
The successful candidate will be expected to deliver work in multiple business sectors including mission critical such as data telecom and petrochemical, aviation primarily consisting of land side projects, federal government such as GSA, light rail, and miscellaneous private sector commercial projects
- Work with Senior Engineers in producing complete and accurate contract documents that meet client objectives.
- Conduct existing condition surveys, identify existing structural systems either via observation or review of existing drawings.
- Work on multiple projects concurrently & coordinate work in between multiple EXP offices, as well as outside consultants.
- Occasional short-term travel is required. Expectation is less than 15%.
The Skills and Knowledge You Bring
- Minimum 5 years of experience is required, additional experience welcome.
- Solid understanding of various structural analysis software such as RAM, ETABS, SAP etc.
- Strong Revit skills and knowledge of project drawings production is a must.
- License EIT a must, PE or SE is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering from a US accredited university is strongly preferred, BS in structural engineering is a minimum
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write persuasively
- Proficient in MS Office products such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint is a plus.
What exp Can Offer With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, exp provides professional, technical and strategic services related to the world’s built and natural environments in six key practice areas: Buildings, Earth & Environment, Energy, Industrial, Infrastructure, and Sustainability. Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice in northern Ontario. Today, close to 3,000 creative exp professionals across North America and around the globe provide the expertise and experience needed to deliver successful projects for clients. For more information, visit www.exp.com.
Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it's a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at exp that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what exp has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com .
EXP U.S. Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Job Title: Project Structural Engineer
Location: St. Louis, MO 63101 US (Primary)
Education: University Degree