Washington University of St. Louis Public Health Research Coordinator I (Part-Time) - Surgery - 42981 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position assists investigator as a coordinator of a basic to moderately complex research study; may be responsible for multiple research studies simultaneously; acting as a liaison with the school, community and the study participants; responsible for managing and recording all phases of study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the implementation and management of all phases of a study/protocol; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems; monitors participants’ progress in the study and records results into study database.
- Routinely recruits and enrolls study participants. Screens participants via interview and/or reviews pertinent medical records to determine eligibility based on established study guidelines, prepares informational packets for study participants; explains purpose of the study and obtains consent.
- Reports adverse events as necessary; meets regularly with investigator to update on study status and determines when to notify investigator of emergent issues; works with investigator and HRPO to resolve any protocol management issues.
- Routinely ensures timely completion of all protocol requirements. Schedules visits and administers and scores tests/surveys.
- May evaluate data and perform basic statistical analysis under the supervision of the Investigator.
- May prepare oral and written presentation/reports outlining progress trends and providing recommendations or conclusions.
- Conducts literature reviews.
- Assists Investigator with grant and manuscript preparations.
- Support other study activities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in a health or research related field with relevant research experience obtained through practicum or employment.
- MPH or MSW with at least one year experience in public health, epidemiological, behavioral medicine, psychological, sociological, clinical or urban planning research.
- Familiarity with statistical software or Geographic Information Systems preferred.
- Data management and analytic skills, particularly experience managing or analyzing large data sets; solid communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
The hiring range for this position is $17.23 - $21.55 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
This position is eligible for part-time benefits. Please visit our website at hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Public Health Research Coordinator I (Part-Time) - Surgery - 42981
Job ID: 42981
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time