Washington University of St. Louis Public Health Research Coordinator I (Time-Limited) - Surgery - Public Health Sciences - 48666 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. This position is time-limited for up to two years.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. The position is located at the Taylor Avenue Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Serves as a coordinator for an ongoing clinical trial on breast cancer prevention. May work on other clinical and public health research studies as needed; acting as a liaison with study team and study participants.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the initiation, implementation, and management of all phases of a study/protocol; assists with recruitment plan; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems for participants enrolled in studies; monitors participants’ progress in the study and records results into study database.
- Recruits, enrolls, and oversees follow-up and retention of study participants. Screens participants via interview, phone calls, and/or reviews pertinent medical records to determine eligibility based on established study guidelines, prepares informational packets for study participants; explains purpose of the study and obtains consent from study participants. Schedules visits and administers surveys.
- Assists with questionnaire administration, data management, collection, entry, and analysis.
- Prepares presentation/reports outlining research progress. Schedules meetings, assists with agendas meeting minutes.
Bachelor’s degree in a health or research related field with relevant research experience obtained through practicum or employment.
- Two years of experience in public health, epidemiological, or clinical research.
- Previous experience with clinical research, recruiting participants for study and study coordination.
- Familiarity with EPIC and Redcap.
- Very solid organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with study coordination and data management.
- Ability to work very well in a team.
The hiring range for this position is $17.58 - $21.98 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Public Health Research Coordinator I (Time-Limited) - Surgery - Public Health Sciences - 48666
Job ID: 48666
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time