Washington University of St. Louis Radiology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Independently performs complex research studies, experiments and assays.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs complex analysis/projects according to research protocols, explaining methods and procedures to other technicians.
- Performs preliminary statistical analysis, data entry, and maintains current data files on research projects such as:
- immunohistochemistry staining with antibodies and small molecular probes to analyze genetic changes using animal models of central nervous disease or human tissue samples;
- enzymatic and receptor-ligand assays using genetically cloned proteins or human and rodent tissues.
- Monitors data to ensure consistent quality.
- Assures compliance with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists in the training of other junior research technicians or trainees to conduct routine biological assays, acting as group leader.
- Troubleshoot protocols as needed.
Master’s degree with 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years required.
- Prior experience with molecular biology techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR and Western blot), enzymatic activity analysis, general microscopy, and fluorescence microscopy.
- Strong troubleshooting and data interpretation skills.
- Software, database and online library utilization (Microsoft Word, Excel, SAS statistical software, Vector NTI, BLAST, PubMed search, Springer, etc.).
- Motivation for learning new techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.00 - $22.96 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Research Technician - Radiology - 41260
Job ID: 41260
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time