Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Infectious Diseases - 49299 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. This position is for the Medical School Campus. Works for short periods (no more than 4 weeks per year) in developing countries.
We are seeking a Research Assistant with a strong background in microbiology, immunology and/or molecular biology to assist with infectious diseases research projects. They will join a research team to identify biomarkers for infections, and they will help to establish a sample archive for clinical specimens.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays.
- Evaluates research results, reports findings and discusses project outcomes with staff and supervisors.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research projects with other institutions and investigators.
- Participates in developing hypotheses to be tested and ways of testing it.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs literature reviews on specified topics.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
- Strong background in microbiology, immunology and/or molecular biology.
- Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with a focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Infectious Diseases - 49299
Job ID: 49299
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time