Washington University of St. Louis Research Assistant - Medical Oncology - 49605 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
There is an opportunity for research in the laboratory of Dr. DeNardo. In general, the laboratory looks at understanding how immune responses shape and are shaped by malignancies. Where possible, our hope is to exploit these weaknesses to improve patient outcomes by enhancing response to conventional, targeted, or immunotherapeutics. At current the laboratory focuses primarily on pancreas and breast cancers. This position assists with animal studies, experiments, preparation of material and documentation, and handles correlative analysis in ongoing clinical trials.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research experiments and assays.
- Handles clinical sample studies, performs data entry and maintains data files.
- Evaluates research results, reporting findings and discussing project outcomes with staff involved.
- Performs mouse genotyping and relays results to the colony manager.
- Serves as the main user of microtome (slide sectioning).
- Coordinates tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Coordinates research project with other institutions and investigators.
- Assists with general supply/equipment orders, lab maintenance and cleaning.
- Performs literature research on specified topics.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with two to three years of experience in laboratory operations.
Demonstrated ability to implement general laboratory procedures, conduct research, and record findings, with a focus on pursuit of advanced education in field.
The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Assistant - Medical Oncology - 49605
Job ID: 49605
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time