Washington University of St. Louis Research Lab Manager - Nephrology - 48916 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Nephrology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs, oversees and coordinates research projects. Oversees entire laboratory setting to promote smooth operation, regulatory compliance and interaction with other laboratories.
Our laboratory uses genomics, organoids and mouse models to study mammalian kidney in health and disease. We possess substantial expertise in single cell omic and multi-omic approaches including all aspects of informatic analysis. Examples of our recent work can be found at :
Our supportive environment values team work. We seek a lab manager to oversee and coordinate lab functioning and compliance but also to design, conduct and oversee research projects. The successful applicant will have substantial lab experience and writing skills. This position offers superb opportunities for continued scientific learning in a well-funded laboratory, and continued career development including potential for authorship.
The Humphreys Lab is a collaborative, highly productive and supportive scientific work environment. It consists of eight post-doctoral fellows, three graduate students and a lab manager. An overview of the Humphreys Lab research can be found at http://humphreyslab.com/ and on Twitter @HumphreysLab.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the principal investigator, designs, performs and evaluates research procedures.
- Assists with grant preparation and journal article submission.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures. Provides comprehensive direction to laboratory personnel.
- Hires, trains and evaluates the performance of laboratory personnel.
- Oversees and directs all support activities of the lab, including human resources, budgets, facility maintenance, purchasing, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
Master’s degree with five years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling twelve years.
- Analytical and problem solving research skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and for technical publications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Lab Manager - Nephrology - 48916
Job ID: 48916
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time