Washington University of St. Louis Research Lab Manager - Pathology & Immunology - Immunobiology - 48923 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pathology and Immunology, Division of Immunobiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs, oversees and coordinates research projects. Oversees entire laboratory setting to promote smooth operation, regulatory compliance and interaction with other laboratories.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the principal investigator, designs, performs and evaluates research procedures.
- Assists with grant preparation and journal article submission.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures. Provides comprehensive direction to laboratory personnel.
- Hires, trains and evaluates the performance of laboratory personnel.
- Oversees and directs all support activities of the lab including human resources, budgets, facility maintenance, purchasing, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
Master’s degree with five years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling twelve years.
- Expertise in neuroscience, immunology or molecular biology.
- Analytical and problem solving research skills.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written form with all levels of personnel and for technical publications.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a diverse environment.
The hiring range for this position is $53,830 - $72,675 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. This individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Lab Manager - Pathology & Immunology - Immunobiology - 48923
Job ID: 48923
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time