Washington University of St. Louis Research Laboratory Supervisor - Infectious Diseases - 42967 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs and oversees laboratory processes. Oversees other personnel and equipment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs laboratory administrative functions such as purchasing, laboratory & equipment maintenance and establishing record keeping systems.
- Supervises laboratory staff, explaining policies and procedures.
- Develops procedure manuals and operational/technical guidelines for laboratory. Develops and implements policies and procedures. Provides comprehensive direction to laboratory personnel.
- Oversees and directs support activities of the lab including human resources, budgets, facility maintenance, purchasing, supplies, materials and equipment.
- Participates in lab study processes, maintaining records and preparing reports as required. Generates and maintains laboratory reagents (cell lines, viral stocks, antibodies, etc).
- Researches and recommends new methods and procedures to maintain current capabilities, quality and standards.
Bachelor’s degree with 3 or more years of lab experience including supervisory responsibility or equivalent combination of education and experience equaling 7 years.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard laboratory policies, procedures and equipment.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills. Laboratory size is currently 20+ people.
- Organizational skills a must.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be able to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Laboratory Supervisor - Infectious Diseases - 42967
Job ID: 42967
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time