Washington University of St. Louis Research Nurse Coordinator ll - Neurology - 42984 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position functions as the lead person on a research project; coordinates study procedures and recruitment to provide available subjects, consistent with study procedures and techniques and verified documentation; supervises personnel assigned to work on the study. Provides clinical support for the Epilepsy Section.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with PI’s, Pharmaceutical Research Directors and Specialist, Clinical Trials Sponsors and appropriate websites to identify potential epilepsy studies and obtained the necessary study information in a timely manner.
- CDA Form
- Study Expeditor Form
- ICA Form
- Billing Matrix
- Works with PI & staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensures lab and data are obtained according to established protocol.
- Trains and supervises staff assigned to work on the research project.
- Coordinates handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information, case reporting, billing and payments from sponsors.
- Prepares/submits event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget, and established guidelines.
- Assists research associates from sponsoring organization, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Authorizes payments to ancillary organizations for services received and accounts for payments from organization serviced.
- Provides clinical support for the Epilepsy section, returns patient calls, works NLE Nurse Task List, provides additional physician support.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program with 2 years of related nursing or research experience.
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- Clinical research certification; 2 years in an academic research setting
- Working knowledge of techniques and methodologies used in developing, coordinating, and managing clinical research projects with working knowledge of database management, spreadsheet, and statistical analysis software
The hiring range for this position is $53,165 - $74,443 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Nurse Coordinator ll - Neurology - 42984
Job ID: 42984
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time