Washington University of St. Louis Research Software Engineer - Computer Science & Engineering - 42721 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering & Applied Science.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at Washington University in St. Louis seeks to fill a Senior/Research Software Engineer position. This position, funded by the CSE department and collaborating faculty, is in support of research activities. The primary responsibility of this position is to contribute to the development of complex software projects supporting the research agenda. However, the employee's responsibilities may also include technical assistance towards the submission of grant proposals and development of software that supports the education agenda. Essential functions will include:
- Development of complex software projects supporting the research and education agenda of the department and its faculty
- Technical assistance in preparing and submitting grant proposals
- Project management and documentation in support of assigned software development activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Computer Science or another relevant technology, engineering or science field.
- 3-5 years of experience developing software in C, C++, python, and/or Rust, and the motivation and aptitude to learn and use all four languages thoroughly.
- A willingness to learn on the job, and to master new concepts, ideas, and techniques is also essential, whatever the candidate's background.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or another relevant technology, engineering or science field.
- Background in machine learning/data science.
- Background in multi-threaded and/or multi-processing programming.
- Some experience with performance engineering and a working knowledge of operating system interfaces and services (especially for Linux).
- Ability to develop complex production software.
- Ability to take on project management and technical documentation responsibilities in support of assigned development activities.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with project collaborators towards successful project completion and on schedule.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Software Engineer - Computer Science & Engineering - 42721
Job ID: 42721
Location: School of Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full-Time