Washington University of St. Louis Research Statistician - Cardiology - 43372 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Participates at all levels of research-related activities, including innovative data analysis, design of experiments, clinical trials and epidemiological studies, and preparation of reports, manuscripts and grant proposals. Makes scientific contributions to collaborative projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data analysis and/or data management using the latest and best methodologies as implemented in statistical packages (SAS), including generation of tables and graphs.
- Advises and assists investigators in the design of experiments, clinical trials and epidemiological studies.
- Assists in data base design, implementation and maintenance of data collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing and reporting.
- Functions as an expert statistical consultant primarily in collaborative studies involving the medical school community.
- Assumes major/exclusive responsibilities on large projects.
- Trains and/or supervises other staff.
- Actively participates in and contributes to the scientific deliberations on collaborative research projects.
- Coordinates and/or performs many research-related activities with limited supervision and direction from a faculty level investigator, including but not limited to:
- Prioritizing and timely delivery of statistical analysis.
- Literature search, report writing, drafting manuscripts and grants.
- Preparation of progress reports and manuals of procedure.
- Master’s degree.
- At least five years of related experience with much independence in project management.
- Expert knowledge base and experience with SAS and high degree of proficiency in data analysis and data management.
- PC/UNIX knowledge.
- Skills and demonstrated success in designing and executing appropriate statistical data analysis.
- Capable of assuming a leadership role, including drafting manuscripts and grants.
The hiring range for this position is $69,930 - $90,979 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Statistician - Cardiology - 43372
Job ID: 43372
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time