Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II - Medical Oncology - 49285 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, including documentation and preparation of materials in a lab focusing on lung cancer immunotherapy. Participates and assists in immunological studies, specifically dealing with the immune response against cancer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the isolation of cells and tissues from tumor samples, blood and in vivo models.
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment. Assists with flow cytometry experiments.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on research.
- Prepares tissue cultures, reagents, probe tests, etc.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Ability and willingness to handle mice.
- Ability to develop skills in testing and isolation of various cells and testing them in standard immunological reactions (i.e., measuring cell growth and secretion; marking and examining cells by flow cytometry and microscopical approaches).
- Experience with software packages in R and knowledge of MATLAB.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to interact with several scientists at different stages of career training.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II - Medical Oncology - 49285
Job ID: 49285
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time