Washington University of St. Louis Research Technician II (PRN/Temporary) - McDonnell Genome Institute - 49172 in St. Louis, Missouri
Position works on a temporary (up to 6 months) and an as needed basis. This is a weekend position.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the McDonnell Genome Institute on the Medical School Campus.
This position assists with the technical aspects of studies and experiments, including documentation and preparation of materials. This is a weekend position that requires the ability to work independently.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with research studies, experiments and assays, including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs data entry and maintains data files on freezer storage for research. Completes documentation for the freezer alert system related to biospecimen storage devices and defrosts cold storage devices as instructed. Also, includes retrieving samples from storage devices for destruction or for return.
- Prepares dilutions, reagents, sample retrieval, etc. Includes pooling dilutions on automation and/or manual preparation of dilutions for Illumina Sequencing.
- Complies with established safety procedures and maintains required documentation on laboratory and specimen conditions.
- Ensures lab conditions and equipment are properly cleaned and maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning. This includes instrument maintenance in the Illumina Sequencing Group and general freezer maintenance in Resource Bank as needed.
Bachelor’s degree and up to one year of experience in a laboratory setting or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling four years.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and communicate with laboratory staff and investigators.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $14.07 - $18.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician II (PRN/Temporary) - McDonnell Genome Institute - 49172
Job ID: 49172
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: On Demand