Washington University of St. Louis RN Research Nurse Coordinator l - Emergency Medicine - 47474 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is a full-time 40 hour work week. This is a 7 day a week rotating, flexible schedule which consists of days, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. Effort is split between direct patient contact within the Emergency Department, adjunctive hospital services and within the office setting. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position recruits patients for studies, assists in the clinical care to collect the specimens/data needed for the study and manages all aspects of the research study protocol. Candidate may need to collect blood and urine specimens, run an EKG or assist the PI in fluid collections among other duties. Some time is spent in an office setting reviewing and managing the study data and other time spent in the ER recruiting patients for study participation.
Position performs duties associated with the coordination and implementation of research studies/projects, data collection and the management of data generated by study protocols.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide clinical and administrative coordination of studies through recruitment and retention of study participants, acting as a liaison between patient and investigator while adhering to established standards of all phases of protocol integrity, study conduct, enrollment, documentation and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide direct patient care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients. Document, collect data and assist physician.
- Work with staff to identify, screen, and enroll study subjects; ensure lab and data are obtained according to established protocol.
- Train staff assigned to work on protocols including clinical skills training.
- Coordinate handling of specimens, administration of clinical trials, collection of source information and case reporting.
- Prepare and submit event reports in adherence with study procedures, budget and established guidelines.
- Assist research associates from sponsoring organization or company, providing study explanations and reports as necessary.
- Attend meetings regarding research studies.
- Performs clinical study visits and schedules patients for exams and tests in accordance with study protocol. Performs vital signs, blood draw, various tests and minor procedures according to protocol and within direction of PI and personal skill set. Interviews and gathers data from families enrolled in study.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Current State of Illinois and/or Missouri LPN or RN licensure as applicable by State of work location, in accordance with Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification (Online BLS certifications, those without a skills assessment component, are not sufficient to meet the BLS requirements).
- RN experience with either a strong ED background to where we can teach them the research side or a strong background in industry and/or government based clinical trials where they have worked with sponsors and monitors, understand clinical research and have actively consented patients to trials.
- Team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Working knowledge of study protocol and informed consent provisions.
- Working knowledge of computer based data recording systems such as MS Excel, MS Access, and internet-based data collection mechanisms.
- Experience with common emergent chief complaints, emergent procedures, and critical acute medical or acute traumatic illness.
- 3-5 years of experience in clinical research trials including enrollment, consent and administrative requirements of protocol.
- Emergency Department experience helpful.
The hiring range for this position is $48,880 - $87,887 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: RN Research Nurse Coordinator l - Emergency Medicine - 47474
Job ID: 47474
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time