SSM Health Senior Data Scientist in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Data Scientist manages data throughout all stages of the data analysis lifecycle. This includes obtaining novel data from external and sometimes untraditional sources, managing and coordinating the collection and utilization of data across diverse data platforms, cleaning and transforming data of widely-varying formats, and providing meaningful insights and actionable analytics. The Senior Data Scientist must be highly skilled in transforming data to ensure consistency and accuracy across data systems, automating resource-demanding data processes, conducting complex statistical analyses, and creating visualizations and reports. The Senior Data Scientist also provides administrative support relative to these activities.
- Obtaining Data- Utilizes SQL, R, Python, or similar tools to mine appropriate data elements from the various clinical database systems.
- Cleaning, Transforming, and Transmitting Data- Parses, validates and scrubs data of widely-differing formats. Assures integrity of clinical data as it is transmitted from system to system and/or system to database, ensuring transactional accuracy, completeness and timeliness.
- Analyzing Data- Integrates data from multiple sources and performs complex statistical data analysis in support of ad hoc and scheduled requests. Provides actionable insights.
- Visualizing Data- Creates publication-quality graphical representations of data that are user friendly, easily interpreted, and actionable.
- Presenting Data to Drive Business Decisions- delivers data products in a timely manner using effective report and/or presentation formats.
- Automation- Utilizes scripting languages to automate resource-consuming and repetitive tasks within the analysis workflow. Writes reusable code for speeding up the delivery of commonly-made requests related to fetching, summarizing, transforming and visualizing data.
- Building Software Solutions- Utilizes object-oriented or functional programming languages to create dependable, easy-to-use tools to help team members work with data more efficiently and increase team productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, computer science, (bio)statistics, math, or engineering.
- At least 5 years of experience in database ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) operations, statistical computer programming, statistical analyses, and functional/object oriented computer programming.
- Advanced degree in data science, computer science, (bio)statistics, math, or engineering.
SSM Health - System Office –
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18002809
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health System Office - 10101 Woodfield
SSM Health System Office - 10101 Woodfield (0033) 10101 Woodfield Lane St. Louis, 63132
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63132
Weekend Rotation: Full Time
Normal work hours: Professional Services
Job: SSM Health System Office - 10101 Woodfield
Organization: SSM Health - System Office
Work Locations: SSM Health System Office - 10101 Woodfield (0033) 10101 Woodfield Lane St. Louis, 63132