Washington University of St. Louis Siteman Cancer Center in St. Louis, Missouri
This opportunity is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This opportunity is in the Siteman Cancer Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Siteman Cancer Center has an opportunity available to operate and maintain sophisticated flow cytometers and cell sorters for biomarker analysis of research and patient-derived samples. Work within our core facility includes experiment design and troubleshooting, instruction to medical students, routine equipment maintenance and general laboratory responsibilities. Lab members also have the opportunity to evaluate and troubleshoot technical problems and assist in experimental design/protocol development, data acquisition and analysis.
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor’s degree in biology, genetics, or related disciplines. Candidates with additional experience and/or higher degrees are also encouraged to apply.
- 2+ years of experience in a research laboratory setting.
- Experience in flow cytometry and/or immunoassay production is desirable but not essential since full training will be provided.
- Core talents should include strong interpersonal skills, fluency in scientific nomenclature, analytical talents, and mechanical aptitude.
- Experience with standard computer software (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with flow cytometry analysis platforms such as FlowJo, FCS Express or Winlist is a plus.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
This opportunity is eligible for full-time benefits. Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
Works in laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological, chemical and radioactive hazards. Must be physically able to wear protective equipment. Must be willing to work with patient-derived samples.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Opportunities - Siteman Cancer Center - 40174
Job ID: 40174
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time