Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Delivery in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Manager -Delivery oversees highly complex IT initiatives that will deliver a successful business outcome that is measurable. Primarily responsible during the Deliver Phase for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned initiatives. As a leader, this person is able to balance a wide-range of priorities and manage relationships across IT and the business. Leads strategic initiatives and communicates progress. This person focuses on employee performance management of direct and indirect reports by building strengths and addressing areas of opportunities.
- Responsible for delivery and success of assigned strategic initiatives from a holistic view.
- Assess priorities against business value to ensure epic release delivery schedule is aligned to business priorities value score.
- Optimize results within business and time constraints
- Oversee the governance structure across the initiative teams or across multiple products within a domain.
- Manage risk mitigation and contingency plans.
- Drive activities to achieve aligned goals.
- Manage and support resources to ensure the success of initiatives and their alignment with business priorities.
- Assign Delivery Managers and oversee the team to define schedules, identify dependences, manage through issues and risks, and provide updates as priorities and schedules change.
- Schedules will never be static.
- Provide assistance to IT team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems knowledge.
- Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials available.
- Ensure adherence to project management process and project documentation standards.
- Manage career progression and sourcing of delivery managers.
- Mentors employees to create development plans, evaluate performance, provide coaching and feedback and resolve employee issues.
- Work on special initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 11 years of experience.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, Scrum Master Certification preferred.
- Extensive project management skills using various programs to prepare and execute business plans.
- Microsoft office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- eager to learn and adapt Domain knowledge and should be able to act as change agent
- Knowledge of PBM, healthcare industry helpful.
- Advanced knowledge of project development, including process mapping, budgeting and timeline creation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward project completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and some travel requirements.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy thinking strategically about the full life cycle of a technical product? Are you a techy type with the people skills to go with it? If so you may find a fit within technical product management, the team that manages our technology product portfolio and roadmap – creating, executing and helping to deploy scalable solutions used by our clients and members every day. If we’ve peaked your interest, let’s strike up a conversation.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.